Tablo is a great website for discovering new books, but it's even better when you use it to write them! Creating a new book is super easy. This article will talk you through the process step-by-step.
- - - - -
There are two different ways to create a new book - uploading a word document or creating a new book from scratch.
We'll start both processes with the first step: login to Tablo, and from your desk click the New Book button, top right of your page.
You'll be presented with two different options (like below). This is the point that the process will change depending on whether you have an existing document or not.
Creating a new book
You'll choose this option if you have no existing manuscript. We have an online writing and editing program called the Writing Room.
The Writing Room offers many different formatting options, and you can even insert tables and images. If you've ever used blogging software before, our Writing Room is very similar to this.
1. Click the Let's do it button.
2. The next screen will prompt you to choose a title for your story. To edit this simply click any of the My Story text and start typing.
You'll need to choose a title for your book before Tablo will let you click the Start Writing button. Don't worry if you're not too sure what you want to call your book yet, you can easily edit it later. Just pick something generic for the time being.
3. Click the Start Writing button and voilà, you've created your very first book.
Uploading a Document
This option is suitable if you already have a book saved in a Word Document format (.doc or .docx). You can simply upload the file and we'll take care of converting it to the correct format for Tablo.
There are some formatting guidelines that Word documents should adhere to for easy importing. We've put together a brief guide for you.
1. Click the blue Yowsers button.
2. You'll get a window that looks similar to the one below. Click the Select File button to select your word document.
3. Locate where your file is saved on your harddrive and then click Open.
4. If the document was in the correct format (.doc and .docx) then you'll receive a confirmation like below :)!
5. Click Check it out to view your new book!
6. You still may need to fix up the formatting and chapters etc, so check out our Getting started guide to the Writing Room for everything you need to know.